- Assessment of activity and mechanism of action of PA in the model of chronic prostatitis;
- Assessment of activity in the model of chronic noninfectious hormone-induced inflammation of prostate;
- Assessment of diuretic action by a technique of water diuresis in rats;
- Assessment of activity in pyelonephritis model (Staphylococcus proteus-induced association of microorganisms);
- Assessment of efficiency in the model of an experimental endometriosis in mice;
- Assessment of activity in the model of nonbacterial inflammation of bladder;
- Assessment of activity in the models of erectile dysfunction:
- erectile dysfunction induced by stretozototsin diabetes,
- erectile dysfunction induced by a high cholesterol diet in mice,
- erectile dysfunction in spontaneously hypertensive rats,
- erectile dysfunction caused by bilateral compression of cavernous nerves.
Ethological analysis of sexual behavior of rats
In the study of sexual behavior the following parameters are registered in males:
– the number of attempts of mounting on a female,
– the number of mounts,
– the quantity of intromissions,
– the number of ejaculations,
– anogenital grooming (the number of cases),
– sniffing of a female (the number of cases),
– sniffing of female genitals (the number of cases),
– grooming of female body (the number of cases),
– the quantity of copulation series,
– the latent period of the first ejaculation.
The rate of initiation of mating is assessed by latent periods of mount and of intromission.
The increase in the latent period of intromission may be an indicator of an erectile dysfunction. The duration of the intervals between intromissions and the quantity of mounts followed by intromissions indicate the level of excitation.
Elements of sexual behavior of rats: A – sniffing of a female nose; B – sniffing of anogenital area of a partner; C – grooming of a female withers; D – attempt of mounting on a female; E-mount; F – postcopulation autogrooming; G – female lordosis position)
Biochemical tests include:
- assessment of activity of total acid phosphatase in blood plasma,
- analysis of activity of acid phosphatase and tetrachlorella acid phosphatase in prostate homogenate.
During histological examination of prostate nature and severity of the inflammatory infiltrate, edema, fibrosis are estimated. Also it is possible to assess the histological structure of corpora cavernosa of penis and the level of endothelial nitric oxide expression.
- Makarova M.N., Makarov V.G., Tesakova S.V., Stolaschuk N.V. Study of efficiency of plant prepation in urogenital pathology // Phytopharm 2007. 11th congress. Leiden, Netherlands, 2007. 64.
- Makarova M.N., Pozharitskaya O.N., Shikov A.N., Tesakova S.V., Makarov V.G., Tikchonov V.P. Effect of lipid-based suspension of Epimedium koreanum Nakai extract on sexual behavior in rats // J. Ethnopharmacology. 2007. 114. 412-416.
- Shubin D.V., Ivanova S.A., Makarova M.N. Study of pharmacological activity of stronhylocentrotus droebachiensis extraction on the erectile function of young adult male Wistar rats// Phytopharm 2012. Obzory po klinicheskoj farmacologii i lekarstvennoj terapii. 2012. 10, № 2. M99.
- Макарова М.Н., Макаров В.Г., Тесакова С.В., Столащук Н.В., Жорина А.С., Тихонов В.П. Применение препаратов природного происхождения при лечении экспериментального хронического простатита // Материалы III Съезда фармакологов России. Санкт-Петербург. 23-27 сентября 2007. В спец. Выпуске Психофармакогия и биологическая наркология. – 2007. –Т. 7, вып. 2. –С. 1844.
- Макарова М.Н., Тесакова С.В., Самусенко И.А., Столащук Н.В., Соловьев Д.Е., Жорина А.С., Тихонов В.П., Макаров В.Г. Экспериментальное изучение эффективности биологически активных добавок к пище и препаратов на модели хронического простатита // Вестник Санкт-Петербургской государственной медицинской академии им. И.И. Мечникова. -2007. № 2(8). –С. 123-128.
- Тесакова С.В., Макарова М.Н., Макаров В.Г., Самусенко И.А., Гущин Я.А. Эффективность применения препаратов с высоким содержанием фитостеринов для лечения хронического простатита // Бюллетень Волгоградского научного центра РАМН. -2009. № 2. –С. 35-39.
- Тесакова С.В., Столащук Н.В., Макарова М.Н., Макаров В.Г., Тихонов В.П. Изучение эффективности растительных препаратов при урогенитальной патологии // Международный Междисциплинарный симпозиум «От экспериментальной биологии к превентивной и интегральной медицине», Судак, Крым, Украина. 17-28 сентября 2007. –С. 110-111.
- Патент RU 2519226 C1 Авторы: Пожарицкая О.Н., Шиков А.Н., Макарова М.Н., Макаров В.Г., Фомичев Ю.С. Средство для профилактики и лечения андрологических заболеваний и способ его получения. Опубликовано 10.06.2014. Бюл. № 16.
- Bourenkov PV, Makarenko IE, Makarova MN Study nephroprotective properties of alpha-1 acid glycoprotein on the model of ischemia-reperfusion renal // Medical Academic Journal. -2016. -T. 16, number 3. C. 482-484.
- Куксгауз И.А., Шекунова Е.В., Кашкин В.А., Мужикян А.А., Макарова М.Н., Макаров В.Г. Оценка болевого поведения на модифицированной модели эндометриоза у крыс // Экспериментальная и клиническая фармакология. -2018 (Приложение). Материалы V съезда фармакологов России «Научные основы поиска и создания новых лекарств». 14-18 мая 2018. г. Ярославль. –С. 133.
- Vanatiev V.G., Burenkov P.V., Lutov A.G., Kovaleva M.A., Makarova M.N., Makarov V.G. cytoprotective effect of alpha-1 acid glycoprotein on the experimental model of renal reperfusion injury // Nephrology – 2018. – Vol. 22(№1). – Р. 91-97. ABSTRACT. Orozin (alpha-1 acid glycoprotein) pharmacological activity was studied on the experimental model of Kidney Ischemia-Reperfusion (K I/R). Actovegin was used as reference product. THE AIM: to evaluate Orozin effects in kidney ischemia-reperfusion (K I/R) experimental model. MATHERIAL AND METHODS: Male Wistar rats were carried out right-handed nephrectomy followed by mechanical clamping of the vascular bundle of the left kidney during 45 minutes and subsequent reperfusion. Drugs administrated intravemous in two steps: 10 minutes before stop mechanical clamping of the left kidney vascular bundle and 30 minutes after reperfusion. Blood chemistry value (creatinine and urea levels) were used as effectiveness criteria. After 2 and 24 hours of reperfusion the tissues of kidney were collected for histological assays. RESULTS: Study of experimental model of acute renal faiure showed cytoprotective effect of Orozin confirmed by biochemical and histological analysis [Full text is available in Russian].
- Gajdaj E.A. , Gajdaj D.S. , Kryshen K.L., Gushin Y.A. , Muzhikyan А.А., Rybakova А.V., Makarova M.N., Makarov V.G. The effect of the Peptide Structure Medicine for the Correction of Hypernatremia on the Reproductive Function of Males and Females Outbred Rats // Russian journal of physiology (formerly I. M. Sechenov Physiological Journal). – 2019. – Vol. 105(№ 1). – P. 121–134. ABSTRACT. The effects of the repeated intramuscular and intravenous administration of the deamino-Cys-Tyr-Ile-Gln-Asn-Cys-Pro-Arg-Gly-NH2 based therapeutic agent on the generative function of the adult male and female outbred rats are presented in this study. The ability of the experimental animals to fertilize and conceive under the influence of the tested agent was assessed. The effect of the drug on the morphofunctional characteristics of the spermatozoa, as well as pre- and postimplantational mortality, was investigated. Additionally, the physical and zoopsychological development of the offspring of the animals that received the drug during the gametogenesis period was evaluated. The results suggest that the the usage of the deamino-Cys-Tyr-Ile-Gln-Asn-Cys-ProArg-Gly-NH2 based drugs must be restricted when planning for pregnancy [Full text is available in Russian].
- Zueva A.A., Kryshen K.L., Matichin A.A., Kargopolceva D.R., Katelnikova A.E., Trofimets E.I., Demyanovskiy M.N., Vaganova D.S., Gajdaj D.S. Approbation of transrectal electroejaculation technique for rats // Laboratory Animals for Science. – 2019, 3. https://doi.org/10.29296/2618723X-2019-03-07 ABSTRACT.The method for rats’ semen collection by transrectal electroejaculation is relevant for researching the effect of tested medicines on sperm quality parameters in the dynamics without euthanasia. In our study the transrectal electroejaculation was tried out using medicines as additional stimulation and without them. Three animal groups were formed (10 animals per group): control group (without additional stimulation); other two animals group were received Viagra® and Oxytocin® as additional stimulation before electroejaculation. The probe with electrode was inserted into rectum of anesthetized animals. The electrode was supplied with a current frequency of 60 Hz and voltage output of 0.97 to 2.00 V. The voltage output was gradually increased in 2V for 2–4 sec until the penis was erect or maximal voltage – 9.47 V. During the voltage output increased it has changed position of the electrode in the animal rectum. The increasing of voltage output was stopped and position of the electrode in the animal rectum was fixed when an erection appeared. Then electroejaculation was continued under these conditionals until animal ejaculated. In results our study ejaculate were collected from all 10 animals in group with the background of Oxytocin® administration and duration time of electroejaculation averaged 5 min per one animal. Duration time of electroejaculation was also 5 min in animals was previously received the Viagra®, but samples of ejaculate were collected from 8 animals in group. In control group samples of ejaculate were collected from 8 animals and duration time of electroejaculation averaged 10 min. Thus it was tested the vital method of rat’s ejaculate collection by transrectal electroejaculation with using medicines as additional stimulation and without them. The greatest efficiency of the technique was achieved by using additional stimulation with Oxytocin® [Full text is available in Russian].