JSC “HOUM OF PHARMACY” is a member of the non-commercial partnership “Association of specialists in the use of laboratory animals “(Rus-LASA).
Commission on bioethics (BEC) functions on the base of “Scientific and Production Association House of Pharmacy”as an independent structure. In its work BEC goes on the principles of humane attitude to laboratory animals and their rational use.
BEC is an open structure: information about commission members, work schedule, all decisions accepted is not confidential.
Our activity is aimed at controlling over a compliance with international rules of conducting experiments on animals.
Our goal is an advisory assistance and a control over conducting research works on animals in “Scientific and Production Association House of Pharmacy” according to regulatory standards.
- Study of ethical problems relating to study plans and the use of technologies associated with them;
- Development of conducting the rules and criteria of admissibility of studies on animals based on existing normative documents, international recommendations, experience of the other organizations both in Russia and abroad;
- Controlling over a compliance with the rules of conducting experiments on animals (a compliance with SOP);
- Independent expertise of study plans using laboratory animals, drawing up conclusions of compliance with ethical standards of study plans, analysis of non-animal alternative;
- Consultation of employees on bioethics.
The bioethical commission is guided by:
• Directive 2010/63/EU of the European parliament and the European Union Council of September 22, 2010 on the protection of animals used for scientific purposes;
• Guide for the care and use of laboratory animals. National Academy press. – Washington, D.C. 1996.
The main purpose of the BEC is to search for alternative test methods directed on reducing the number of painful manipulations and suffering of animals. The following ways to limit the pain of experimental animals are recomended:
• use of the most appropriate and the most humane methods;
• use of technical skills of competent personnel;
• adequate monitoring of pain and distress;
• drawing up the accurate plan to eliminate undesirable consequences of manipulations;
• use of immediate means of preventing pain and distress;
• use of anesthesia analgesia and sedatives suitable for the selected animal species and the purposes of the experiment;
• making a plan of the experiment which reduces pain and distress;
• conducting an experiment as soon as posible;
• use of the appropriate methods of euthanasia.
1. Selezneva A.I. Rybakova A.V., Makarova M.N., Kovaleva M.A. , Khodko S.V., Makarov V.G. Psycho-emotional state and preparation of laboratory rats to the diagnostic and therapeutic procedures // International Bulletin of Veterinary Medicine. -2013, № 3. C. 72-78. Психоэмоциональное состояние и подготовка лабораторных крыс к диагностическим процедурам
2. Selezneva AI, Makarova MN Ethical Principles for the Treatment of animals in Russia // International Bulletin of Veterinary Medicine. -2014, №1. -FROM. 69-75. Этические принципы обращения с животными в России
3. Makarov V.G., Makarova M.N., Selezneva A.I., Rybakova A.V. Humane principles of using animals in Russia// Abstracts of the 9th World Congress on Alternatives and animals Use in the life sciences 24-28 august 2014, Prague, Czech Republic. –P. 266.
4. Rybakova AV, Makarova MN Methods of euthanasia of laboratory animals in accordance with the European Directive 2010/63 // International Bulletin of Veterinary Medicine . -2015, №2. -FROM. 96-107. Методы эвтаназии лабораторных животных в соответствии с Европейской Директивой 2010 (63)
5. Rybakova, Makarova M., Selesneva A. Husbandry and care of minipigs for pre-clinical study in Russia //FELASA 13th Congress, 13-16 June, 2016 – Brussels, Belgium. Abstract book. Poster presentation. –P. 135. www. felasa2016.eu
6. Rybakova A., Selezneva, Makarenko I., Kalatanova A., Makarova M., Amosova A. Harmonization of methods for studying the toxicity of drugs according to 3RS in Russia//FELASA 13th Congress, 13-16 June, 2016 – Brussels, Belgium. Abstract book. Poster presentation. –P. 154-155. www. felasa2016.eu
7. Goryacheva MA, Gushchin JA, Kovaleva, MA, Makarova MN The possibility of using lidocaine hydrochloride and potassium chloride for the euthanasia of laboratory rabbits // Proceedings of the IV-th International Congress of Veterinary Pharmacology and Toxicology “Effective and safe drugs in veterinary medicine.” St. Petersburg, 2016. C. 55-56.
8. Gaidai DS, Gayday EA, Makarova MN Larvae of a large wax moth (Galleria Mellonella) as a model object for the study of new drugs // International bulletin of veterinary Medicine. -2017, No. 2.-C. 82-90.